Applications: For Boilers, Superheaters, Heat-Exchangers, Condensers, Boiler flues, Superheater flues and Safe ends
After welding, all tubes are heat treated at a temperature of 1650℉ (900℃) or higher and followed by cooling in air or in the cooling chamber of a controlled atmosphere furnace.
Cold-Drawn tubes are heat treated after the final cold-draw pass at a temperature of 1200℉(650℃)or higher.
1. Incoming Raw Material Inspection
2. Raw Material Segregation to avoid steel grade mix-up
3. Heating and Hammering End for Cold Drawing
4. Cold Drawing or Cold Rolling, On line inspection
5. Heat Treatment
6. Straightening/Cutting to specified length/Finished Measuring Inspection
7. Quality Testing in own lab with Tensile Strength, Yield Strength, Elongation, Hardness, Straightness, etc.
8. Packing and Stocking.
100% Eddy Current Testing.
100% Size Tolerance Checking.
100% Tube surface checking to avoid surface defects.
SA178 Electric Resistance Welded Carbon Steel Boiler Tubes
Grade A, Grade C, Grade D
Heat Exchanger, Condensers and similar heat transfer apparatus